Do you ever feel like no matter what product you use, your hair has a kind of it’s own? Trust me, my hair does the same thing! I’m going to share how I figured out how to get the perfect curls every time.
- Use the right products for YOUR hair. I cannot stress how important it is to make sure you use a product line that is lightweight yet moisturizing and provides enough hold. This will take some trial and error, but I’ll share my favorite dynamic duo: Curls Goddess Gelle and Creme Brule Whipped Curl Creme.
- Take your time, do it right! Anytime I decide to do my hair I have to make sure I’m 1000% in the mood to do it. Doing my hair is a real chore and I can’t get a good twist out if I’m just throwing my hair together.
- Work in clean, even sections. The outcome you desire depends on the size of your twist; if you want a fluffy look, a chunkier twist is what you’d do and vice versa. I used to just use my hand and grab random sections then wonder why some of my hair was cute and the other half was doing something crazy; save yourself the hassle and keep it cute.
- Don’t be loose. Along with the last tip, it is best to use slight tension when twisting and to really grip your hair like you want it to stay together and not just to get it out of the way. Once you make it to the end of the twist, wrap your finger around your hair to create a coil or use rollers to create a curl.
- Patience ,patience and more patience. So you’ve used the right products, got your hair sectioned and almost done with the best twist out ever so now what? You just leave them alone! Your hair needs to dry 100% in order for all that hardworking and preparation to take effect.
- Preserve properly. After all that, you absolutely must wrap your hair properly before bedtime. My go-to method is to pineapple my hair; basically a high, loose ponytail or banding my hair in small sections and covering with a scarf or sleeping on a sating pillowcase.
I promise if you follow these steps you will come out with the best twist out ever, even a whole week later!
- What I’ve Been Reading During Quarantine
- Co-washing Natural Hair: Is it Necessary ?
- June empties: Love it or Leave it?
- All About Shampooing Natural Hair
- Shine Bright: 4 step korean skincare routine for glowing skin